16 May 2012

Artist Spotlight: The Rolling Stones

It wasn't until this year that I realized I actually really like The Rolling Stones. I always figured they were like AC/DC or Aerosmith, which are generally too loud for my taste, but then I randomly decided to listen to my father's vinyls and absolutely loved them.

I feel like most people have probably listened to The Rolling Stones, as they've been around for 50 years, so you all know what they sound like. If that's not the case, I'll do my best to explain. The Rolling Stones are a rock band that started in 1962, which means they are rock, but not as hard as what our generation is used to. Isn't it strange how rock has changed? Starting with Elvis and The Beatles and going from there...Anyway.


The Rolling Stones' front man is [Sir!] Mick Jagger, although the band was actually started by the lesser known Brian Jones. They quickly became popular, especially in the United States. In 1964, two years after their first gig, The Rolling Stones dethroned The Beatles when their first LP made it to #1 on the charts. Another interesting tidbit: The Rolling Stones album Out of Our Heads quickly made it to #1 in the United States, but in the UK was second to one other album - The Sound of Music soundtrack! 

My favorite song of their's is Ruby Tuesday. I put it first on the playlist to make it easy for you to find.


Fun fact: The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards played Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow's father in Pirates of the Caribbean

And speaking of Moves Like Jagger...
Can you spot the Blonde Willy Wonka/Berries and Cream guy?

Check out their website.

Love,
Scout

4 comments:

Unknown said...

SCOUT. oh my. so happy you found my blog, so i could find yours! you're a doll.

LOVE your newest friend hailey :)

Scout said...

Thanks!
Yay for new friends! :)
Scout

vvvv said...

i know rolling stones!
paint it black.. vetnam war

Scout said...

Aren't they great? I don't know the second song, though.